shibboleth-dev - Metadata 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Metadata 2.0

  • From: Franck Borel <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Metadata 2.0
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:50:55 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:50:57 +0100

Hi Scott, hi Nate,

I am trying to change our test bed from 1.3 to 2.0. At a first try, I wrote a new metadata file using Scotts example founded in the SP 2.0 package. Unfortunately the namesspaces are missing and there is only an example for the IdP. Forthermore I saw of your testshib metadata that there are now two different kind of identifier in the metadata:

2) embeded namespace identifier --> xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"
Which one is preferable to use?

I would like to test the new features like the xml encryption. Can you please send me an example of working 2.0 metadata with the new features enabled?

I am also prepared to place an example of metadata in the shib wiki. And start with some documentation. Where sould this be placed?

Have a nice day!

-- Franck