shibboleth-dev - Re: The Grid Use Case

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: The Grid Use Case

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: The Grid Use Case
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:59:14 +0100

Yes, right now. One, or both, of those may be in place before 2.0 is released. Certainly the persistent nameID represents something that a individual that had a bit of Spring knowledge, or at least the ability to read the Spring docs, could do and contribute back with relative ease.

Tom Scavo wrote:
On 10/31/07, Chad La Joie
Digital signing works in similar manner but also adds in support for
metadata that indicate whether a relying party wants the XML signed.

Ah, yes, I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me.

So on the IdP side, all that's missing is support for one of
persistent NameID or selective encryption of ePTID.

Thanks,
Tom

--
SWITCH