shibboleth-dev - RE: SP 2.0 Beta1, DS and isPassive

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: SP 2.0 Beta1, DS and isPassive

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SP 2.0 Beta1, DS and isPassive
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:55:24 -0400

> Works fine. Is it possible to configure this in Apache, too?

Not at the moment, I'll look at it. I think I probably need to move the
redirectErrors setting to the Errors element and then allow for per resource
override.

> Passing the exception message to the error page should be sufficient in
> most cases.
>
> What else but an unsuccessful isPassive request can result in a redirect
> error?

I don't think you follow me...it's ALL errors. It's an all or nothing
setting. If you redirect errors, all SP errors will go there, period.
(Unless it's an error that's caught outside the SP like in a filter or
something, and just generates a server error.)