shibboleth-dev - RE: SP 2.0 Beta1, DS and isPassive

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: SP 2.0 Beta1, DS and isPassive

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: SP 2.0 Beta1, DS and isPassive
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 14:56:44 -0400

> isPassive works fine if the user already has selected an identity provider
> at the DS but if the user hasn't selected an identity provider yet a
>
> opensaml::saml2md::MetadataException:
> No identity provider was selected by user.
>
> it thrown. How can I tell the SP that my application should handle this
> case?

Yes, using isPassive requires that the application handle SP errors. This is
activated by a redirectErrors attribute pointing to an application page
inside the <Applications>/<Application> element.

(My assumption was that passive SSO would have to be used with the lazy
session feature and moving error handling into the app.)

However, there isn't any state provided that could tell the error page that
that sequence of events is what led to the error. But I think I might be
able to adjust the exception it's throwing to try and communicate that
better.