shibboleth-dev - Shibboleth Beta and WAYF/DS

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Shibboleth Beta and WAYF/DS

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Shibboleth Beta and WAYF/DS
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:41:47 -0400

Has anyone been testing the Shibboleth Beta with any WAYF/DS
applications? I am curious if there is a good starting point on using
them and properly configuring the SP (and presumably the WAYF/DS) for
pure SAML2 based transactions. I am most familiar with the Switch WAYF,
but I am open to other options if it is not SAML2 viable.

I read through the Shibboleth SP, and I was not entirely sure what was
meant by creating an EntityID for the WAYF, are there examples of SAML2
Metadata for a WAYF? Additionally, would a WAYF configured like that be
compatible with non-Shibboleth IDPs (or SPs)?