shibboleth-dev - RE: siterefresh

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: siterefresh

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: siterefresh
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 15:21:37 -0400

> should siterefresh be part of the shib 2.0 SP distribution? cuz it's
> not there.

Dead, gone.

> I built from SRPMs. If it not being there is intentional - what is the
> recommended method for updating metadata?

You can use curl or similar tools designed to fetch files, or you can use
built-in code to load it from a remote location and back it up to the file
system. A metadata filter is available to perform signature checking.

I haven't documented any of it yet, I don't know if Nate has. I sent Ian a
snippet the other day.

Here's an example for InCommon:

<MetadataProvider type="XML"

uri="http://wayf.incommonfederation.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml";

backingFilePath="/opt/shibboleth-sp/var/shibboleth/InCommon-metadata.xml"
reloadInterval="3600">
<SignatureMetadataFilter
certificate="/opt/shibboleth-sp/etc/shibboleth/incommon.pem"/>
</MetadataProvider>

That will reload every hour, and as long as there's a valid backup copy at
startup, it won't keep it from running if the site's down or the metadata
gets screwed up.

-- Scott

  • siterefresh, Michael R. Gettes, 10/05/2007
    • RE: siterefresh, Scott Cantor, 10/05/2007