shibboleth-dev - Re: Any thoughts about a status handler?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Any thoughts about a status handler?

  • From: Patrik Schnellmann <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Any thoughts about a status handler?
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:37:40 +0200

Scott Cantor wrote:
> I'm working on some kind of Status/Diagnostic handler for the SP, and I'm
> still not sure exactly what would be useful to build. I want something, but
> not sure exactly what, so any suggestions would be helpful.
Additionally to your list, the following would be useful:
- certificate(s) configured for shibd including certificate chain
- Shib SP version
- providerId
- last time when an assertion was successfully handled

> And yes, there's an acl on it, suggestions whether it should default to
> localhost also welcome.
Having localhost as a default makes sense.

Another topis: What about metadata retrieval from a URL? Will there be a
functionality similar to the one in the IdP?

--
Patrik