shibboleth-dev - RE: Any thoughts about a status handler?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Any thoughts about a status handler?

  • From: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: "Josh Howlett" <>
  • Subject: RE: Any thoughts about a status handler?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:31:20 +0100

> My thought was to have it take some parameters to allow a few
> different kinds of status checks, and return XML

Internal support for SNMP would be cool. Many folks already use this for
monitoring much of their network infrastructure (routers, servers,
switches, applications services, etc)

I'm aware of one Institution in the UK who has hacked together some
scripts to parse the Shibboleth logs and exposes this information
(within a private MIB) via a local SNMP agent to the Institution's SNMP
management system.

josh.