shibboleth-dev - RE: Attribute Queries in Shib 2

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Attribute Queries in Shib 2

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Attribute Queries in Shib 2
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 11:14:57 -0400

> I don't disagree but there is only so much we can default (in the code).
> However, the direction we prepare will say to secure these endpoints
> (which is unfortunately a less firm default).

How difficult is it to create a three way switch that has a middle setting
of "only push if the endpoint is TLS and/or encryption is active"?

Personally, I'd leave TLS out of it, and just have it either always push, or
only do it for SAML 2.0 if encryption is on. Getting into the finer details
of who can see the data seems like extra confusion. Either you care that
it's confidential all the way or not.