shibboleth-dev - Re: Mac ports

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Mac ports

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: Mac ports
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 11:04:13 -0400

A bit of an update...

I have the beginnings of a port tree set up here:

http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/Macintosh/dports/

I basically just uploaded the tree I was creating locally, so I don't know if that's sufficient or not, but you can try it, just add that URL ahead of the default rsync location in your macports sources.conf file.

Right now I have log4cpp (my threadsafe version), xercesc, and xml-security-c created and working.

log4cpp and xerces are in the main ports tree, but their log4cpp is the broken one from sourceforge and I'm still patching Xerces to reduce the memory usage for Shibboleth, so I have a 2.7.1 packaged on the web site.

Now the "bad" news, depending on your viewpoint...like all these OS packaging efforts, they want to manage every piece of software and ignore the OS entirely, and I really have to follow that, which means I'll have to use their openssl port and their Apache port as well.

A port of Shib 1.3 will not load inside the Apache that comes with OS X because it will conflict with the openssl Apple builds with. Sorry, there isn't anything I can do about that. Shib 2.0 may work now that I've severed the mod_shib/openssl dependency.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any testers giving those initial ports a try and see if it's working. I'll be adding the rest of the packages up there as my time permits.

-- Scott

  • Mac ports, Scott Cantor, 06/07/2007
    • Re: Mac ports, Jose Hales-Garcia, 06/07/2007
    • Message not available
      • Re: Mac ports, Scott Cantor, 06/08/2007
    • Message not available
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: Mac ports, Josh Howlett, 06/07/2007