shibboleth-dev - Re: LightTPD SP module

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: LightTPD SP module

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: LightTPD SP module
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:49:51 +0000

Scott Cantor wrote:
> However, I would start by determining if it's even feasible, for example can
> you even build and load C++ extensions, does the huge library set crash the
> server, that kind of thing. Some skeletal code that just inits the
> ShibTarget library would accomplish that.

After talking with the Lighttpd crowd I was told that a shib module
would not be a good ideia since their server is event-driven
(single-threaded) so the external calls would freeze the server... They
recommended it to be written as a FastCGI app.

Will this Shibtarget interface change a lot for the coming Shibboleth 2.0?

André Cruz