shibboleth-dev - Re: Encryption key strategies

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Encryption key strategies

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Encryption key strategies
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:56:12 -0400

On 6/22/06, Tom Scavo
On 6/22/06, Chad La Joie

> In theory I think this is possible, but it gets back to the question of
> interoperability that Scott mentioned. To the best of my knowledge,
> there isn't any spec for how to do this.

Is this close to what you're looking for (e.g.)?
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18058/sstc-saml-x509-authn-attrib-profile-cd-02.pdf

Or are you looking for something more low-level than that?

And if the answer to that last question is yes, the place to start, I
guess, is section 6 of SAMLCore and then SAMLProf, which specifies
use="encryption" in metadata and other details regarding the use of
encryption in the various profiles.

So we have

XMLEnc + SAMLCore + SAMLProf + [profile of SAML]

Is that enough to work with?

Tom