shibboleth-dev - Re: Encryption key strategies

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Encryption key strategies

  • From: "Reimer Karlsen-Masur, DFN-CERT" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Encryption key strategies
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:05:25 +0200

Hi.

I was looking for some mail thread on this list to connect your emails topic
to to understand your issue...but could not find any...

So please let me ask some beginners questions:

What data do you want to encrypt?

Between which parties is this data shared?

Who is the sender, who is the receiving end?

Is there always a https tunnel with (strong) encryption between these
parties anyway?

--
Beste Gruesse / Kind Regards

Reimer Karlsen-Masur
--
Dipl.-Inform. Reimer Karlsen-Masur (PKI Team), DFN-CERT Services GmbH
https://www.dfn-cert.de, +49 40 808077-615 / +49 40 808077-555 (Hotline)