shibboleth-dev - Re: standalone authentication request to the Identity provider

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: standalone authentication request to the Identity provider

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: standalone authentication request to the Identity provider
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:43:32 -0500

On 12/15/05, Manuel Sánchez Cuenca

> I want to make some tests with
> the identity provider. I'm interested in make an authentication request
> to the Identity Provider from my own java program, not from the Service
> Provider. Is it possible?

Well, a Shibboleth Authentication Request is just a GET request so you
don't need a lot of high-powered machinery.

> How?

Not sure I understand...you want to intercept the Response at the SP?
If so, fiddle with the Assertion Consumer Service component of the
Java SP.

> What is the Identity Provider servlet
> which have to receive this authentication request?

See
http://anoncvs.internet2.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/shibboleth/java/src/edu/internet2/middleware/shibboleth/idp/provider/ShibbolethV1SSOHandler.java

Hope this helps,
Tom