shibboleth-dev - standalone authentication request to the Identity provider

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

standalone authentication request to the Identity provider

  • From: Manuel Sánchez Cuenca <>
  • To:
  • Subject: standalone authentication request to the Identity provider
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:24:55 +0100

Hello all,

I have installed the Identity Provider and the java Service Provider, and the system works correctly. But now I want to make some tests with the identity provider. I'm interested in make an authentication request to the Identity Provider from my own java program, not from the Service Provider. Is it possible? How? What is the Identity Provider servlet which have to receive this authentication request?

Any help will be appreciated.

Manuel Sanchez Cuenca
Dept. Ingenieria de la Informacion y las Comunicaciones
Universidad de Murcia - España
Tlf: +34 968364644 - Fax: 968364151
email:

www: http://livia.dif.um.es/~lolo