shibboleth-dev - The Endorsed XML Libraries

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

The Endorsed XML Libraries

  • From: "Ramanathan, Subbu" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: The Endorsed XML Libraries
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:56:44 -0600

We are using Shibboleth in JBoss 4.0.2 with JDK 1.5. We still seem to need
the endorsed XML libraries for Shibboleth to run properly. Can someone you
please provide some concrete answers for:
(1) Who has provided these libraries?
(2) What is different between these and the default ones that come with JDK
1.5?

The reason why I ask: Our client's web app breaks when we use these jar
files. They need some concrete answers before they can comfortably change
their code to work with these libraries.

Your answers to these will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Subbu Ramanathan