shibboleth-dev - RE: Configuration Nirvana?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Configuration Nirvana?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Configuration Nirvana?
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:45:41 -0400

> Fiddling with running a Java SP entirely from configuration files
> bundled for the C++ SP. Another piece of configuration that won't
> plug into both: the logger files aren't interchangeable. That's
> something I doubt we can change.

I can't imagine that there's a huge contingent of people running Shibboleth
SPs that are suddenly going to try and do this switch. You start with Java
or not based on what you need, and if you have to switch, the goal should be
for it to be similar enough that the migration would be easy from a
conceptual standpoint, but I don't think "no changes" is realistic.