shibboleth-dev - Shibboleth and MS Exchange

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Shibboleth and MS Exchange

  • From: "james sankar" <>
  • To: <>, <>, <>
  • Cc: "Clayton Forbes" <>
  • Subject: Shibboleth and MS Exchange
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:55:17 +1000

Dear Shibboleth experts ;-)

AARNet has recently set up a shibboleth IDP as part of the MAMS federation in
Australia.

We now want to move to a single sign on environment and make as much use of
shibboleth as we can to learn/develop etc.

One requirement is to shibbolise our mail server that is based on MS Exchange
so that our staff can get access to web-based email using their single sign
on LDAP password. Has anyone done this and if so is any documentation or
good advice available?

In addition, some concerns were also raised about our users going to an
Internet café and trying to access that way that may compromise
usernames/passwords from Key loggers, what alternatives can shibboleth offer
here, has anyone coupled RSA one time passwords with shibboleth to overcome
this or are there other solutions you may know of?

Thanks in advance

James Sankar
Network Engineer - Middleware
AARNet Pty Ltd