shibboleth-dev - Re: GridShib update

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: GridShib update

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: GridShib update
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:08:08 -0500

I'm not sure why. It isn't a dependency of any of the shibboleth command line tools.

-Walter

On Aug 30, 2005, at 6:53 AM, Tom Scavo wrote:

Can an OpenSAML-compatible servlet.jar be included in ${idp.home}/lib
as well? Thanks.

On 8/29/05, Tom Scavo

Oh BTW, from our vantage point the only blocker at this time is bug #
428. Thanks.

On 8/29/05, Tom Scavo

I owe this group a revised list of GridShib "touch points", which I
will provide Real Soon Now. In the meantime, here is a brief project
update:

- Release of GridShib Beta is imminent. Von arrives back in town
tomorrow at which time the team will discuss next steps, but I expect
we will be pushing the Beta out the door within one week.

- GridShib Beta consists of two components, one for GT and another for
Shib. The components may be installed and tested separately.

- GridShib for GT depends on GT 4.0. GridShib for Shib depends on Shib 1.3.

- GridShib for Shib depends on the Shib 1.3 install process. (Thanks
to Chad for developing and maintaining this system.) We will
initially distribute the plugin with test.ext=false (and continue the
discussion re testing scenarios).

- The following will accompany this beta release:
+ a completely new web site
+ a number of command-line tools that test a GridShib-aware AA
+ fully documented IdP and SP metadata templates (but no tools)
+ a backward-compatible replacement for
X509SubjectNameNameIdentifierMapping (including unit tests)
+ an extensible name mapping API

I'll keep you posted.

Tom