shibboleth-dev - Re: GridShib update

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: GridShib update

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Von Welch <>
  • Subject: Re: GridShib update
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:47:53 -0400

On 8/30/05, Scott Cantor
> > If you would prefer we bundle servlet.jar with GridShib, we can do
> > that, I guess.
>
> Seems to run into "Bad Idea Jeans" territory, as Chad said. Could you
> include a J2EE_HOME-relative path to servlet.jar (perhaps defaulted to
> CATALINA_HOME) in your classpath? Then you get container independence.

We'll figure something out, yes. In fact, I spoke with Von this
morning and he suggested GridShib swallow this problem whole to free
you guys to assemble your point release. So, if it's all right with
you, we'll just go ahead and deal with the servlet.jar issue in
whatever way makes the most sense for us. Okay?

When do you think Shib 1.3x will be available? Once you announce the
point release, we will do one final round of testing before releasing
GridShb Beta about a day later.

Many thanks,
Tom