shibboleth-dev - Re: IdP software requirements

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: IdP software requirements

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: IdP software requirements
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 23:15:09 -0400

On 8/7/05, Nate Klingenstein
> We used to have a list like that, but don't anymore in favor of the
> checklist model. I'd like to avoid making the page any longer than
> necessary since it's already daunting to load, but if people think it'd
> be useful I can add it.

I'm looking for a concise listing of the necessary software components
with version numbers. I think the checklist in the Guide is too much
content to consume just to find out the software required (but maybe
I'm wrong about that).

Doesn't matter where the page is (web site or wiki) but if there could
be a single URL that I can link to from the GridShib download page,
that would be good. Before people download and install GridShib, they
need to have a working IdP, so right now I send them to the IdP
Deployment Guide but it doesn't seem right to have to consume the
entire the Deployment Guide just to find out what it takes to install
an IdP. Shouldn't the software requirements be on the download page?

Step 1. Satisfy the prerequisites
Step 2. Download the software
Step 3. Install and configure
Step 4. Test and debug