shibboleth-dev - Re: bugs in extension-build.xml

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: bugs in extension-build.xml

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: bugs in extension-build.xml
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:44:44 -0500

I'm for just eliminating this task altogether. It slipped in without any discussion that I remember. Objections?

-Walter

On Jul 25, 2005, at 10:50 AM, Scott Cantor wrote:

Walter is probably better able to address this one, but if I ran
clean-install I'd expect it to clean out everything is installed.

Yes, but a clean install (or uninstall, whatever you want to call it)
should not remove user files, ever. That's what happens if you invoke
the clean-install target (intentionally or otherwise).

I'd have to agree with Tom, just like RPMs never uninstall files if they've
changed.