shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth v1.3 beta, additional information

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth v1.3 beta, additional information

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Steven Carmody <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth v1.3 beta, additional information
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 07:19:25 -0700 (PDT)

3) Because of the change noted in the previous point, we believe it should be possible to use the new IdP WITHOUT apache, and using just Tomcat. We have not had the time to investigate this. However,if someone does identify how to do this, please post a description.

We have setup tomcat-only IdPs using both 1.2 and 1.3. The apache
front-end is, as far as I know, to allow site webiso integration
and crypto efficiency. I wasn't aware that it was ever an actual
requirement.

Jim