shibboleth-dev - RE: First system-level error on a production site

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: First system-level error on a production site

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Derek Atkins'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: First system-level error on a production site
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:49:53 -0500

> I'm wondering if we want to change to SQLite instead of MySQL?
> Or, perhaps, stop using embedded-mysql?

Speaking as somebody who's installed MySQL itself on Windows, I ain't going
there (and it probably wouldn't help, MySQL's just unreliable, not exactly
news). I don't know SQLite.

FWIW, the myisamchk utility that comes with MySQL fixed the table (even
while the shar was running and failing). I don't know if we can redistribute
it though, I wouldn't think so.

I have a corrupted ISAM file now that we can run tests with, so that helps
check error handling and so forth.