shibboleth-dev - RE: install checklist, java 1.5 + tomcat 5.5

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: install checklist, java 1.5 + tomcat 5.5

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Howard Gilbert'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: install checklist, java 1.5 + tomcat 5.5
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:26:09 -0500

> You can't skip endorsement with Shibboleth 1.2.x. After we produce a

Yes, you can. Endorsement in 1.5 is not needed because the class names of
the emebedded JRE code changed to avoid conflicts. Using our code is simple
because the Xerces in WEB-INF/lib takes over.

Trust me, I'm doing it now in production. ;-)

This was a big deal and everybody told Sun to fix it, basically.