shibboleth-dev - RE: targeted ids

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: targeted ids

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: targeted ids
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:31:37 -0800 (PST)

There's entirely too much reliance on xml-text-as-dbms in shib.

Actually, there's almost none. The "reliance" is because nobody has supplied
an alternative implementation of the various interfaces. The code couldn't
care less except for a few spots like the core configuration.

I was thinking of 'databases' like the InCommon.xml file, which
is a databse of federation SPs and IdPs. Or the arp files, which
are databases of ARPs. Possibly these are implementation things,
but people tend to implement what the documentation suggests.

Maybe as we move into production we'll implement some of these as real databases.

Jim