shibboleth-dev - Re: Gridshib profile

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Gridshib profile

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Walter Hoehn <>, Von Welch <>,
  • Subject: Re: Gridshib profile
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:05:28 -0500

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:48:13 -0600, Tom Barton

> Walter Hoehn wrote:
> > A couple of comments. Sorry if we've been over these before, but it's
> > been a mighty long time since we've discussed it.
> >
> > 1) In section I.2a it seems that it would be more inline with current
> > practice to place and IdP provider id in the certificate extension.
> > This could then be used to lookup the set of valid attribute query
> > endpoints.
>
> Ok. What "resolver" is used to look them up?

The IdP providerId itself resolves the metadata. Convention is that
the metadata resides at the location given by the providerId.

> Are you referring to
> metadata maintained and distributed to IdPs and SPs by a 3rd party (a
> federation), that an SP would use to look up a provider id?

No, the providers maintain and publish their own metadata at
conventional locations (given by their respective providerIds).

Tom S.