shibboleth-dev - Re: Gridshib profile

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Gridshib profile

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: "Von Welch" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Gridshib profile
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:46:20 -0600

A couple of comments. Sorry if we've been over these before, but it's been a mighty long time since we've discussed it.

1) In section I.2a it seems that it would be more inline with current practice to place and IdP provider id in the certificate extension. This could then be used to lookup the set of valid attribute query endpoints.

2) Sections I.3 & I.4 also seem a little fishy. Why must an AA be "uniquely" identified by a certificate? Are you planning to use shibboleth metadata interfaces?

-Walter