shibboleth-dev - RE: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-02

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-02

  • From: "Alistair Young" <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-02
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:00:13 -0000 (GMT)

I realise there's disagreement Scott but I also value your opinions. The
use case I describe is, in the first instance, for the Bodington VLE and
also for agent access to eLearning systems.
For instance, an IdP could initiate an agent to gather assessment info for
students on it's behalf. In this case, there's no UI. Rather, the agent
would have an X509 that it presents.
I'm not sure what you mean though, where the "local" access can be
combined with shibboleth type access in the UI of the application.
Is this different from federate authentication within the UI?
Alistair

--
Alistair Young
Senior Software Engineer