shibboleth-dev - New Shibboleth "spec" posted

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

New Shibboleth "spec" posted

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: New Shibboleth "spec" posted
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:30:10 -0400

I've uploaded a new draft-02 of the protocol/profile document that attempts
to (re)define what Shibboleth is supposed to be.

This version reflects some feedback from Walter on the May version, and some
additions:

- a sequence diagram
- support for the 1.1 artifact profile
- referencing the second SAML 2.0 committee draft for the cookie profile and
a new metadata profile
- some security considerations

http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/docs/draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-02
.sxw

http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/docs/draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-02
.pdf

I will produce a short "conformance" document that defines the mandatory
implementation requirements for comment as well. At that point, we will be
in the position of not conforming to our own spec, hopefully to be fixed in
1.3.

-- Scott

  • New Shibboleth "spec" posted, Scott Cantor, 09/23/2004