shibboleth-dev - Bug in AAAttribute.java

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Bug in AAAttribute.java

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Bug in AAAttribute.java
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:14:54 +0530

I'm not sure if this is the best way to report bugs, but I can't see any
link on the Shibboleth web site, so please pardon the spam.

The equals method in AAAttribute uses a reference comparison for the
attribute name (String) rather than an object comparison. See below for the
snippet.

if (name != ((AAAttribute) object).name) {
return false;
}

Since the resolver tests use hard-coded string values for attribute names,
the compiler smartly uses the same String instance and this bug is not
discovered by the unit tests.

- Vishal

--
Vishal Goenka
SunGard SCT

www.sungardsct.com

  • Bug in AAAttribute.java, vgoenka, 09/29/2004