shibboleth-dev - RE: Shibbolteh Attribute Service Stopped

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shibbolteh Attribute Service Stopped

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: Shibbolteh Attribute Service Stopped
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:10:07 -0400

> On the target server which is Windows 2000 Operating system,
> Shibboleth Attribute Service suddenly stopped. There is no
> information about this event occuring in the system. When the
> service is started manullay it started with out any problem.
> This happend a week ago once and happened again today. Can
> any body help me why this is happening and any way to stop
> this from happening?

I assume it crashed, but Windows 2000 lets you auto-restart failed services,
generally. If it crashed, there should be a Dr. Watson log event for the
crash if you've configured Windows effectively. Getting useful traces from
that usually requires running the debug versions included, but it's
sometimes possible to see something without them.

If this is 1.1, you're not going to get much help, it's unstable under the
best of circumstances, so I'll assume this is about 1.2. Are you running the
latest builds I posted?

As far as preventing it, it's a matter of finding bugs. Without a trace,
there's no way to find them.

Also, please use shibboleth-users for support questions, not the dev list.