shibboleth-dev - RE: [inqueue-support] InQueue Service Provider Application

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [inqueue-support] InQueue Service Provider Application

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: [inqueue-support] InQueue Service Provider Application
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:53:59 -0400

> ... or I could decide to create/assign separate providerId's to each
> hosted application (each providerId containing the logical name of
> the application, or fred1, fred2, etc, if that's what I wanted). This
> approach would force me to create additional Host/Path elements in
> the mapping area, and point these to additional Application elements
> (each with its own providerId).

Sure, but this is independent of what the providerId value is. It's just a
function of how I defined the boundary between physical resources,
application configuration, and the external identifier.

If you're really hosting services like that, you really need separate
hostnames anyway to prevent the spoofing problems Jim talked about, at which
point you *can't* use a single <Application> because you have to have
multiple cookies.