shibboleth-dev - RE: Multiple targets in a single domain?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Multiple targets in a single domain?

  • From: Jim Fox <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Multiple targets in a single domain?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:46:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Scott Cantor wrote:

I wasn't concerned with behind the scenes activity, but rather
withh direct compromise of the session cookies on the browser.

But what fix are you suggesting, exactly? I don't think the software is
misrepresenting this anywhere...

Supporting session boundaries is a convenience for deployers who want to
have different configurations, but it's not a privacy feature or connected
in any direct way to attribute release policy.

I have heard many times this week that Ken, perhaps, would like
to release his real identity to example.org/manage/, but not
to example.org/browse/wild/site, and that shib allows this.
Maybe I misunderstood.

BTW, I hope you're around when the portal discussions happen, since the
amount of impossible privacy sandboxing that's come up in those discussions
drives me crazy. ;-)

I'm not going anywhere.

Jim