shibboleth-dev - Re: Multiple targets in a single domain?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Multiple targets in a single domain?

  • From: "Spencer W. Thomas" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Multiple targets in a single domain?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:48:40 -0400

Jim Fox wrote:

This is exactly my complaint. Cookies can be scoped to paths,
but in the long run that scope has nothing to do with their
availability to active pages - javascript, for example. You
can scope your session cookies to your /site1/ path all you want,
but my javascript from /site2/ can see them quite easily.
I tested this assertion with Mozilla 1.7 and IE 6 and found it to be false. If I set a cookie with path=/team1, JavaScript in a page loaded from /team2 does NOT see the cookiet.

=S