shibboleth-dev - RE: v1.2, testing a second Application

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: v1.2, testing a second Application

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: v1.2, testing a second Application
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:05:27 -0400

At 1:48 PM -0400 5/13/04, Scott Cantor wrote:
No. The thing you're not getting is that the shireURL for an application
*has* to map to that applicationId in the RequestMap, or there's no way to
pull it all together.

As it stands, both shireURLs map to the default app, and since the new one
you defined isn't actually defined as the incoming URL for that app, it
assumes it's just a resource and then fails.

The easy way is just to define the second shireURL *inside* the path segment
you've set aside. That's the 90% rule that just works.

shireURL="/cgi-bin/shib-test/target1/Shibboleth.shire"

looking at the DEPLOY DOC... I only find shireURL mentioned on the Sessions element....

... so I should also be adding it as an attribute on the PATH elements?

... or does "inside" mean create a new element inside both of the PATH elements?