shibboleth-dev - RE: v1.2, testing a second Application

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: v1.2, testing a second Application

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: v1.2, testing a second Application
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 13:48:41 -0400

> and now I see this in my SHIRE log:
>
> 2004-05-13 13:22:14 WARN shibtarget.XMLApplication init XMLConfigImpl
> XMLApplication load: load() skipping duplicate property set:
> {urn:mace:shibboleth:target:config:1.0}Application

This is a bug, but not a fatal one. Shouldn't prevent it from working, but I
fixed it.

> and this in my browser window (presumably because of the warning)

No. The thing you're not getting is that the shireURL for an application
*has* to map to that applicationId in the RequestMap, or there's no way to
pull it all together.

As it stands, both shireURLs map to the default app, and since the new one
you defined isn't actually defined as the incoming URL for that app, it
assumes it's just a resource and then fails.

The easy way is just to define the second shireURL *inside* the path segment
you've set aside. That's the 90% rule that just works.

shireURL="/cgi-bin/shib-test/target1/Shibboleth.shire"