shibboleth-dev - RE: Fwd: More detailed Grid scenarios

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Fwd: More detailed Grid scenarios

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: "'David L. Wasley'" <>, 'Von Welch' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Fwd: More detailed Grid scenarios
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:31:10 -0500

> Whereas the UC campus Handle Server interface needs to understand
> this credential, the AA interface (currently) only understands the
> HS-generated handle. Clearly SMOP but ...
>
> The same person's EPPN might be
> ""
> and I would
> assume that a query to the AA for attributes based on this EPPN would
> be straight forward.

Sure, but why would I know the EPPN from looking at your cert? Same problem.

> I suppose we could assume that a campus run AA could be programmed to
> accept a campus generated cert full SubjectName as a query key. At
> UC, all we'd need is the CN= but we I don't think we can assume this
> would be true everywhere.

The AA can do just about any of that with a plugin, but I think the target
shouldn't have to make a lot of decisions about it. That's why sending the
whole cert always seemed attractive to me even if you still wanted to do
path validation at the target.