shibboleth-dev - RE: URL -> app mapping

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: URL -> app mapping

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Thomas Lenggenhager' <>
  • Cc: 'Shibboleth Dev Team' <>
  • Subject: RE: URL -> app mapping
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 10:20:59 -0500

> Is it correct, that the ApplicationID is in fact the ID of the
> Application Domain?

Technically it's just a local identifier. The rest of the configuration
would permit associating settings with it, including optionally a publically
visible ProviderID (what used to be application domain). But by default, it
would just use that ID.

> Doesn't this mean, that in your example
> http://jstor.org/InCommon
> and http://jstor.org/InCommon/admin
> return SAML metadata documents? With these URLs I would more expect a
> normal web page, the application or one of its services.

It doesn't matter what they are. I just contrived examples. You use whatever
you want to use.