shibboleth-dev - Re: SSO via Tomcat

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SSO via Tomcat

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: "'RL 'Bob' Morgan'" <>, "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: Re: SSO via Tomcat
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:06:21 -0400

Scott Cantor wrote:
Along this line I was going to suggest, having pointed people recently at demos, that it would be good if Example State could do form-based authn rather than basic auth. Beyond looking somewhat less primitive, it would also be a place where we could say "this is the sort of login form provided by campus web signon systems, blah blah", so as to make the process somewhat more understandable. I suppose it hasn't been worth setting up a webiso for this, but maybe worth deploying using what you're describing here.

Yeah, now that I know what I'm doing, I can set up a normal Realm with a
user file and plug that in. Anybody care to donate a form?

I made a quick sample login page and changed Example State to use FORM authentication.

-Walter