shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib 1.0.1 RC for Windows

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib 1.0.1 RC for Windows

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Aboobacker Thanikkal' <>
  • Cc: 'Shib Design Team' <>, 'Oliver Pesch' <>
  • Subject: RE: Shib 1.0.1 RC for Windows
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:59:46 -0400

> I understand that we will have to obtain a digital certificate when we
> deploy shibboleth in production. Meanwhile, can I use the earlier test
> certificate you provided for testing?

Yep.

> I had added the isapi sections as you documented.
>
> My mustConatin setings are /scure;/protected. I just kept it
> the same you provided for testing.

Ok. Is there only the one web site configured in IIS?

> mustContain = /secure/;/protected/

> Please let me know if there is some debugging I can turn on
> to see what is happening.

Well, not really, since until we get it kicking in, it's not logging much of
anything. I would start by commenting out the mustContain setting, and try
getting that to work. That should protect everything, basically.

For some odd reason this is always a problem with IIS for me with these
filters.