shibboleth-dev - MySQL and Windows

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

MySQL and Windows

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: MySQL and Windows
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:54:37 -0400

Well, solve one problem, find another. I got Solaris building with some
manual compiler flags, but there's a bigger problem on Windows that I can't
fix. After building libmysqld from source to get it using the right C
runtime libraries, I found out they're using a special Microsoft extension
to handle thread local variables in the library.

Unfortunately, that feature doesn't work with dynamically loaded libraries,
which we're using to load the cache plugin.
(See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/pthreads-win32/1999/msg00131.html)

To get it working, we'd have to rewrite some of MySQL, which might not be
impossible, since it's just an abstraction layer like we're using, and I
replaced what Aaron did with it, or we'd have to link the whole thing into
the shar, probably by way of shibtarget.dll.