shibboleth-dev - RE: Fwd: Shib IPv6 support?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Fwd: Shib IPv6 support?

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Bill Cerveny' <>, 'RL 'Bob' Morgan' <>
  • Cc: 'Nate Klingenstein' <>, 'Steve Olshansky' <>, 'Shib Design Team' <>
  • Subject: RE: Fwd: Shib IPv6 support?
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:01:57 -0400

> I'm happy to help with testing ... my laptop running WinXP does IPv6 as do

> my two Linux boxes. One of the Linux boxes is also running a stock
> IPv6-capable Apache server. When I talked with IJ a few weeks ago about
> running IPv6 on www.internet2.edu, he thought there would be
> a problem with a specific Shib Apache module.

Just speculating but given that Apache 1.x apparently needs this patch or
something, to support v6, it's fairly likely that the binaries we have for
Shib wouldn't work for sure. IJ had been playing with building the source at
one point, though, so that may not be the problem.

In any case, I can't imagine we'd have a major problem getting it working if
there are issues with our code, as long as the other layers work (OpenSSL,
libcurl, etc.)

It may make more sense to do this in conjunction with the Apache 2.x work,
though.