shibboleth-dev - Re: Vetting an error message

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Vetting an error message

  • From: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Vetting an error message
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:51:16 -0800

Hmm... UI issues are the hardest part, I think, because one has to think like so many others think. What strikes me about the draft below is that it sounds like we're talking to each other and in a different universe from most others.

How about something more like:
We were unable to contact your authorization provider and therefore cannot grant access to you at this time. Please contact your provider's help desk or office for assistance. Be sure to describe the site you are trying to use, the time at which this problem occurred, and the location from which you are working.

Shib Site name:_____________ Current Date and Time: ______________ [tzone]

That last line would help the user talk to their support folks. They could even print the web page and take it with them!

FWIW,
David

-----