shibboleth-dev - autoconf update

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

autoconf update

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Implementation Team' <>
  • Subject: autoconf update
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 18:49:20 -0400

Provided you have gcc 3.x, and have built Xerces and log4cpp with it,
and have recent versions of autoconf and automake:

cvs co opensaml
cd opensaml/c
./bootstrap
./configure -C etc...
make install

This now works on Solaris and Linux, and may work elsewhere if configure
is smart enough. The Sun Workshop/Forte compiler is now unsupported,
pending anyone actually caring and log4cpp getting fixed to build with
it.

make dist will also build a tarball, so we can set up nightly builds if
we want.

We've started enabling this for shibboleth, and have the basic libraries
and test programs building. Derek and I will be adding the other pieces.