shibboleth-dev - Re: bugzilla

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: bugzilla

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Walter Hoehn <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: bugzilla
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 13:57:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Walter Hoehn wrote:

> At some point in the distant past, someone on this list brought up the
> possibility of using some sort of "issue-tracking" software. I suppose
> that it might be a good time to start using such a product, since we
> will probably be setting milestones for the next release cycle soon.
> It seems to me that bugzilla was mentioned specifically as an option.
> I don't have any experience with this kind of thing, really. Does
> anyone else?

The pubcookie project is using bugzilla extensively, you can see it in
action at https://los.cac.washington.edu/jss/jss/pubcookie/. Note this
bugzilla has been substantially customized by an engineer here, among the
improvements being support of pubcookie and traditional built-in
username+password in parallel.

It's my understanding that CMU also has a local installation of bugzilla
that's used for a number of projects. They might even be prepared to
support an instance for Shib; not that we wouldn't here at UW, but it
might be more of a stretch.

- RL "Bob"