shibboleth-dev - SHAR name extraction added

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

SHAR name extraction added

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: SHAR name extraction added
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:38:35 -0400

I checked in a new opensaml.jar that should extract the SHAR name
properly (and leaves it empty if SSL isn't used or a client cert isn't
supplied).

To make the cert visible to Tomcat, you have to add +ExportCertData to
mod_ssl, so that's a deploy guide note for the AA's mod_ssl config. I'm
dumping the name inside the code to stdout for now (yes I'll get this
stuff converted to log4j this century).

BTW, this code may not work (and may crash) on some J2EE servers that
don't put the information in the right place. So boo to them.

Do a cvs update in shibboleth/java to pick up the new jar and rebuild
the warfile. The new version is running on shib2, but I didn't update
the warfile.