shibboleth-dev - RE: Deploy Guide v.10

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Deploy Guide v.10

  • From:
  • To: "'Nate Klingenstein'" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Deploy Guide v.10
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 10:49:26 -0400

a few glitches:

-- origin side -- we don't specify which level of jdk and tomcat -- altho we do specify them for the target in 3.b.

-- in 3.a.ii -- the mysql install and config -- we should describe running Barbara's "mysql config test program"

-- 4.a.i - the path should be /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/shibboleth/WEB-INF/

-- 3.a.i -- the parameters for the AA servlet; describe the domain attribute

-- 3.a.ii -- Key generation; in the keytool commands, it might be useful to mention which parameter values MUST match which values in the web.xml file...

-- 3.a.ii -- values to enter during key generation; we might to explicitly mention that the command asks you for "first and last name", and that you should enter the dns name for the host. For consistency, might want to offer a recommendation on what to enter for OU, O,L, and state.

-- 4.b.ii -- (displaying my experience level with openssl....) are the keys and certs put in a "standard" place? I don't think this sectionsays anything about where to put them...?