shibboleth-dev - RE: Deploy Guide v.10

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Deploy Guide v.10

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Derek Atkins' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Deploy Guide v.10
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 10:46:45 -0400

> > http://shib1.internet2.edu:88/shib/
>
> Wow, I read that and thought "why is shibboleth available
> from Kerberos"? It's a good thing shib1 isn't running a KDC,
> and doesn't have a CNAME of "kerberos" ;)

Yeah, well...we have kind of a weird set up going on shib1 at the
moment...

It's mostly because of that Netscape problem. That server's on port
8000, but now that I'm checking, I'm not sure Mozilla is blocking that
port by default.

Can somebody with Netscape 6+ or a variant try and hit
http://shib1.internet2.edu:8000/ and see if it works? If so, I'll tear
down the extra port and move the WAYF and such to 8000 in the config
files.