shibboleth-dev - Good progress today

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Good progress today

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: Good progress today
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 00:33:49 -0400

Lots of progress to report on the testing front.

I have the major OpenSAML bugs ironed out and the AA is at least talking
now, so we can move on to attribute and ARP testing.

The HS and SHIRE servlets are now communicating successfully as of
midnight. The shib2 HS has a cert signed by Thawte's Test CA, and I
installed that CA into the SHIRE on shib1. Prior to that, it rejected
the signature from the HS. Now it succeeds. A variety of other errors
were successfully detected, such as replay, expiration, and so forth.

I also am validating the registry of sites at init time, and had to put
the proper site and HS name information into the file, which you can see
here:

http://newman.uts.ohio-state.edu/shibsites_orig.xml (original)
http://newman.uts.ohio-state.edu/shibsites.xml (signed by "Internet2")

I used a command line Java program I built to sign the file.

Next steps: AA testing, continuing to polish the builds, redoing
mod_shibb itself, checking in the C++ code, porting to Solaris